How to Shed the Baby Weight –with your Sanity
After putting on anywhere from 20 to 60 pounds during the nine month period of pregnancy, getting that extra weight off quickly is important to most new moms. Nothing is dreamier than putting on the jeans that you wore before you got pregnant. Sadly, most new moms find that the desire to lose weight is much easier to conceive than the actual process of shedding those extra pounds.
Luckily there are a few secrets up the sleeves of many moms, and those secrets are listed below. If you want to regain your pre-baby body, using the information below will certainly guide you in the right direction.
First, take the time to recover. Your body has been through so much during the past nine months. A brief time to heal is perfectly acceptable, and should be initiated. If you try to do too much too soon, your body will certainly let you know with a number of undesirable effects. After six weeks have passed, resume your normal activities. Until then, take it easy and enjoy your new role as a mom.
After six weeks, enroll in an aerobics class. These days there are many mommy and me classes available, so your newborn can tag right along with you to your workout. Aerobics gets the heart pumping and makes it easier to lose weight. Along with participating in exercise activities at least 20 minutes per day, make sure that you are as physically active as possible. This is the true key to successful weight loss.
You are going to need to change the way that you eat if you want to lose weight. You do not necessarily have to take all of the things off of the menu that you love, but you certainly need to learn portion sizes, and stick to that. You also need to start adding healthier foods to the menu. The more colorful your plate, the healthier it is. Your body depends on food to provide it with many essential nutrients. Make sure that you eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables so that you know you are getting all of these needed nutrients.
You should avoid processed and packaged foods whenever possible. These products contain ingredients that are not good for your health or for your weight. When you can eliminate them from the diet all together, or greatly minimize them, then you can certainly lose weight quickly.
You should also eat more fiber, since it is so filling, as well as drink more water. Our body depends on H2O to stay hydrated and nourished. It can also be a wonderful aid in losing weight. It is recommend that you drink 8 glasses of water per day. Aim for this number.
The Internet is just one click away, and with it you can find many new healthy recipes that you will love. These recipes are perfect for families and singles, with something to cater to the taste buds of all. Check this information out, and keep an exciting menu!
A few additional tips that will help you lose those baby pounds:
- If you keep a journal you can put all of the thoughts you have into print, and get them out of your mind. This journal can be very helpful in the process of losing weight.
- Set realistic goals for yourself. While it would be nice to shed all of the weight overnight and be ready to roar, this isn’t possible. You need to take things slowly, and set goals for yourself. When you achieve a goal it is an amazing feeling that will encourage you to keep pushing further.
- Find a friend to work out and diet with. It is always easier to shed pounds when you are doing it with a friend. It is just so much more fun!
- Don’t think of it as a workout. In fact, take those tasks that you complete every single day and turn them into workouts. Yes, household chores and other miscellaneous tasks can very well suffice as a workout if you play your cards right.
- Always remember that it takes time to lose weight. If you are looking for a miracle, you can forget it. You can expect to lose about 3 pounds per week, healthy wise at least. Do not set your expectations to high, keeping this information in mind.
There are many activities that you can enjoy right along with your baby. Now there is no excuse for you to carry around that extra weight. Losing baby weight can be much easier than you ever imagined for it to be. Use the information above to help you get back to the body that you remember.